06 December 2009

The Fanboy Cometh...

Although I have been collecting records for 14 years, autographs never interested me. I never had the desire to make a fool of myself standing in line with a stack of record sleeves like a 11 year old girl waiting for one of the New Kids on the Block to sign a picture for her, so she can hang it on her wall and kiss it before she goes to bed each night. Well, I have recently become that prepubescent girl. I have quickly learned to embrace this "fanboy" status and track down surprised, and most likely creeped out, band members who have just been put in the uncomfortable position of being face to face with an overweight 27 year old, a Sharpie, and an LP mailer full of record sleeves. Here are some recent autographs that I've attained (Except for the Meat Puppets...Thanks Miranda!!!).

1. Glenn Tillbrook


2. David Johansen

3. John Brannon and Opie Moore


4. Cris and Curt Kirkwood (Meat Puppets -Back cover of "Too High To Die" LP)

5. Tommy Ramone






Tommy Ramone's bluegrass duo, Uncle Monk @ The Record Collector in Bordentown, NJ on 04-Dec-2009. There were only about 40 people at this show, of only 2 (including me) under 45 years old! It was fantastic meeting the last surviving member of the best band to ever play music!!! Here he is playing "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend". Well, most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment