04 October 2009

Random Posters/Lobby Cards


Re-Animator (Australian Daybill)

One of my favorite H.P. Lovecraft stories and one of my favorite 1980s horror films.



Fando Y Lis (Mexican Lobby Card)

This film caused a riot at its film festival debut having it's director, Alejandro Jodorowsky, flee for his life and also had him accused of being a vampire! Good movie. Extremely strange.


Hellraiser (Mexican Lobby Card)

I love this movie! I wish it were a tiny bit truer to the book (Hellbound Heart), but it still rules! A few good and a few terrible sequels came out of this. Rumors of a remake are floating around. Pretty soon there are going to no more movies to butcher. Jesus Wept.


The Toxic Avenger (Mexican Lobby Card)

Cult classic Troma film that spawned a bunch of mediocre sequels. This movie make me proud to be from NJ.


Maniac (One Sheet Teaser)

This poster is not nearly as cool as the standard one that we all know and love, but still has its own haunting charm. I thought I packed this when I went to the Fangoria Con this summer to get it signed by William Lustig, but I realized that I forgot it when I was in line. Bummer. This movie will always be a classic! I WARNED YOU NOT TO GO OUT TONIGHT!

Doomed To Die aka: Eaten Alive (One Sheet)

My least favorite of Umberto Lenzi's cannibal films. While it delivers all the shock that you'd expect, it's just not as entertaining as Cannibal Ferox. As a teenager I loved these movies, but now I have definitely outgrown the cannibal genre. Send hate mail to punksishippies@msn.com.

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff!!!

    EXCEPT FOR THIS PART-

    "I have definitely outgrown the cannibal genre"

    heh heh!

    Also a note on your Manic poster - those are called "Teasers" and they were used more promotionally than one-sheets. They usually had just the movie title and a tag-line.

    Again Evan, great blog!

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete